Luar Na Lubre
Spanish group Luar Na Lubre plays well-arranged and beautiful music inspired by the Celtic traditions. They play their own compositions as well as traditional ones and standards (for example they placed cover of "Scarborough Fair" by Simon & Garfunkel on their album "Cabo Do Mundo"). Fame came to the group together with releasing of "Plenilunio" in 1997 and with their musical and personal friendship with Mike Oldfield.
Rosa Cedron, vocalist and violinist of Luar Na Lubre appeared on "Tubular Bells 3" ("The Inner Child") and on the premiere concert in London. The whole band played as a support before Mike Oldfield concerts in the Western Europe during "Then & Now" tour in 1999.
- "Son Do Ar" (Edigal 1988) - with "O Son Do Ar", composition of the group leader Bieito Romero, that Mike Oldfield recorded on his album "Voyager" as "Song Of The Sun";
- "Beira Atlantica" (Sons Galizia 1990);
- "Ara Solis" (Sons Galizia 1993) - album inspired by the Sun worship practised by our ancestors;
- "Plenilunio" (Warner 1997) - album that brought the group into fame and won a couple of prestigious awards. You can find acknowledgements for Mike Oldfield in its booklet (for friendship and inspiration);
- "Cabo Do Mundo" (Warner 1999) - album dedicated to the see and the painter Urbano Lugris.
Collaboration Guest appearances Sally Terry Others Covers
David Bedford Tom Newman Maggie Reilly Phil Collins Carl Palmer Barry Palmer Jon Anderson Simon Phillips
G. Downes Kevin Ayers Michael Cretu Max Bacon Adrian Belew Trevor Horn Luar Na Lubre M. Stockley